11/17/06

THE MONSTER

The Monster
By: Cedric D. Butler

How could you hate me so?
I’m your oldest baby yo…
You showed love to lil sis…
And you adore lil bro…
You’ve got me lost and confused…
Why am I battered and abused?
You’ve got me sad and depressed…
What the hell should I do?
In time I came to realize…
I had neither your looks nor your eyes…
Something just isn't right…
I’m feeling different inside…
My favorite Aunt shed the light…
On that warm summer night…
Sitting on Nana's porch…
After a Mike Tyson fight…
Her eyes were kind of sad…
As she shared the news she had…
I wanted to tell you for so long…
That James is not your dad…
What in the world is going on?
You mean I’m not this dude's son?
All the beatings and heartache…
My youth and happiness are gone…
I dropped my head real low…
But my Auntie said oh no…
She looked me right in the eyes…
And said you have much more life to go…
Nephew always keep ya head high…
Just pray to God in the sky…
We couldn't do a thing…
Your mom really loves the guy…
I pondered the news I received…
It was fresh and too hard to believe…
He kept me prisoner all this time…
Locked away like I had a disease…
So now I see how he feels…
This can't possibly be real…
Hmmm… Wait he’s not my dad?
That just may be a fair deal…

No comments: