11/17/06

GET LOW

DeAndre and Mikal
Get Low
By: Cedric D. Butler

I remember the day I met him…
Damn! He was looking good…
He was chasing paper on the block…
All thuggish, grimy and hood…
I was headed to the corner store…
When I had to stop and stare…
He pulled out his dick and took a piss…
Just like I wasn’t even there…
I looked away and made my move…
He checked me out as I passed by…
I could tell I had caught his attention…
But I didn’t know I had caught his eye…
He entered the store right after me…
He was acting all nonchalant…
I noticed a smile crack his face…
When he saw I was coppin some blunts…
I took my time so he could check me…
I wanted him to see all that he could…
I passed by, nodded and said what’s good Fam…
So he could see that this nigga was hood…
He said what’s good nigga I got that Piff…
You should cop your shit from me…
I’ve got fat bags with sticky green buds…
Have you so high that you can’t see…
I said ok. Let me see what you got…
Not yet ready to end this exchange…
He said ok pimp let’s go outside…
Cause the store owners don’t play no games…
We went out of the door and up the street…
He had me to follow him down the block…
I stayed close behind checking his swagger…
As he led me to his private stash spot…
He showed me some bags damn they were fat…
I decided that I might as well cop two…
I said yo Fam can I get ya number…
In case I need to get some more from you…
He gave me a smile showing all of his teeth…
I knew right then ole boy was cool…
He said no doubt you can get the number…
Holla at me if you just want to chill too…
It was my turn to smile and show my teeth…
It was damn sure cool with me no doubt…
I wanted to chill, talk and smoke…
So I can see what this niggas about…
As he recited the number I put it in my phone…
Acting as if this was all a normal thing…
Deep down inside I thought over and over…
I wouldn’t mind if this turned into a fling…
Aiight that’s wassup... DeAndre’s the name…
Holla at me and let me know what’s good…
I said ok I got you. My name is Mikal…
But they call me Baby Mike in my hood…
We gave up some daps and I headed for home…
Not able to get DeAndre off my mind…
I already knew what he was packin up front…
Wonder if I’ll get to peep it from behind…
Let me stop. He might not even get down…
I thought waiting to cross the street…
I heard some footsteps but before I could turn…
Some nigga had hit me with the heat…
I fell down hard taking kick after kick…
He tried to stomp me into the ground…
He went in my pocket trying to take my shit…
Saying bitch ass nigga this is how I get down…
I fought and I struggled trying to see his face…
I refused to go out without a fight…
Soon the nigga had me tired and panting…
I thought I get that long kiss goodnight…
I thought it was over, all said and done…
I swear my life flashed before my eyes…
Next thing I knew, DeAndre was beating this nigga…
He had come to my rescue, what a surprise…
The gun fell to the ground and slid into the street…
As DeAndre knocked the nigga out cold…
I was mad as hell and went for the heat…
But DeAndre grabbed me saying let’s go…
We made moves as fast as we could…
We hit an alley right behind the store…
We hit a few cuts and jumped a few fences…
Before long we were standing at his back door…
My lungs felt as if they were on fire…
I fought hard trying to catch my breath…
I relived the whole scene in my mind…
It was the closest I had ever come to death…
I reached back to try and check my wound…
Pulled back a hand covered in my own blood…
I started to feel funny, dizzy and weak…
I almost passed out right there where I stood…
DeAndre pulled out his keys and opened the door…
He asked me if I wanted to come inside…
I said yeah I have to clean up this blood…
And roll a blunt cause I need to get high…
He said come in Mikal. Make your self at home…
This is my shit no reason to be scared…
This nigga is trippin I’m not scared of shit…
But experience had taught me to be prepared…
DeAndre’s house was hot to death for real…
I couldn’t believe that he lived here alone…
It was clean, neat and very well furnished…
A masculine touch and a style of his own...
He led me to a bathroom at the end of the hall…
And examined my wound once we got there…
It’s not that bad. You don’t need stitches…
But you are missing a small patch of your hair…
Nothing like this had ever happened to me…
Yo son, who was that nigga? I asked…
I was already plotting to get in his bones…
All I know is he’d better watch his back…
You need to let me take care of that cut…
Just cool out nigga, sit down and relax…
I’ll give you the info on that nigga in time…
And when you step to him ya boys got ya back…
I gave him a smile and looked into his eyes…
His thuggish nature had taken a backseat…
He stared at me hard, showing deep concern…
As if nothing were more important than me…
He cleaned my cut then he bandaged me up…
There you go Mikal, you’re as good as new…
Now let’s go to the kitchen and get a drink…
We can even blow back a blunt or two…
I led the way checking out the décor…
I’m quite sure DeAndre was checking me out…
As I went to sit down he pulled me back up…
And kissed me long and hard in the mouth…
I just stood there and let him. Shocked as all hell…
I didn’t embrace him but I didn’t resist…
I thought I had again gotten dizzy from my wound…
But it was the feel and the touch of his kiss…
He broke his lock, taking a few steps back…
Looking as if he couldn’t believe what he had done…
He apologized, saying he was sorry over and over…
Yo Mikal please don’t trip on me son…
It’s cool DeAndre. You just caught me off guard…
I’m just not looking for a fast hit and quit…
I’m looking for more. Plus I just broke up with this nigga…
Because he was unfaithful and treated me like shit…
So just be yourself and be true to me son…
What are you looking for? What do you want?
I’d rather you be real with a nigga right now…
Don’t say that you want me and it’s a front…
He said I understand Mikal. I’m feeling you kid…
You’re just so sexy I couldn’t resist…
I really feel you on wanting more than sex…
So for now I’ll be happy with that kiss…
Here twist these he said, throwing me 2 bags of trees…
As he went off to wash his hands in the sink…
He said, what you want? I’m having Gin and Juice…
I’ll have Henny and Cranberry that’s my drink…
I finished rolling the blunt and took a sip of my Yak…
I fired it up and pulled the smoke in deep…
I started coughing and couldn’t stop for some time…
DeAndre laughed so hard he fell from his seat…
I had to pass that shit. I almost coughed up my lungs…
I have to admit that shit was the truth…
This nigga hit it like it was nothing…
As I said, well tell me something about you…
He hit the blunt a few more times while sipping his drink…
Staring down into his cup and looking sad…
He said when I was seven my mom overdosed…
And at the age of fifteen Cancer took my dad…
I had to move from California to New York…
With my dads brother that I didn’t even know…
He raised me like I was a child of his own…
But I truly missed my parent’s fa sho…
I’d been here for 6 years and things were going great…
My uncle and I had bonded and gotten real close…
Then a few days before I turned twenty-one…
Some crazy nigga in a bar cut his throat…
During that time things got really hectic…
I came close to losing my damn mind…
That’s when I met my first male lover…
This sexy nigga by the name of Devine…
I met him one day when I was headed to school…
That was shortly after I moved in this place…
He came to my aid, much like I did for you…
When some crazy ass nigga got in my face…
We got real close and he took me under his wing…
He paid my tuition and taught me to hustle too…
One day I asked what I could do to repay him…
He said nigga the only thing I ever wanted was you…
At first I was lost. What is he talking about?
I stood there looking genuinely confused…
He said I have to tell you something. Just don’t trip…
But on the low I secretly like dudes…
I just laughed and he looked at me funny…
It’s just that somehow I already knew…
It was cool with me. I had no problem…
Because I secretly liked dudes too...
To make a long story short we were a couple…
It was better than you’d ever think…
Then that night before my birthday...
Him and his boys went out to have a drink…
That was the last time I saw him alive…
And although I said I love you before he left…
I wish to God I had gone with them…
Maybe I could have prevented his death…
He put down his cup and put his head in his hands…
He tried to make sure I didn’t see him cry…
But it was too late. Before he made his move…
I had seen the tears form in his eye…
At first I was cautious, just being myself...
I wondered if he was a lame…
What if he had just made up that story?
Playing some childish sick game…
But those tears were real. I could feel his sorrow…
Why did I have to open my big ass mouth?
I was at a loss as to what to do…
But I knew I had to figure something out…
He didn’t have to share all the pain he had…
Did he feel some sort of bond with me?
I got up and went to stand by his side…
After that I got down on one knee…
I moved his hands and put his head on my shoulder…
I pulled my new friend in close to me…
I said go-ahead DeAndre, let it out nigga…
I’m here for you like you were for me…
2 B Continued…

No comments: